Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Creative Sunday

I took advantage of the long Labor Day weekend to spend an ENTIRE day in my scraproom creating pages. It felt so good to be among patterned paper, scissors, glue dots, and cardstock again. I haven't been consistent about scrapbooking lately, so this day was a welcome return to my little creative world.

I took Stacy Julian's class Twelve at Big Picture Classes at the beginning of the year. Although the live part of the class is over, there is an ongoing assignment to continue to create twelve layouts a month in each of twelve different categories ("you," "holidays," "family stories," etc.). I was diligent in getting my layouts done each month through May, and then I got off track. I have thoroughly enjoyed this challenge because it encourages me to create pages and tell stories on topics that I would not normally explore. Here are two of those layouts:


Recently my dad gave me a huge box of old photos, most of them from when my sister and I were little. The box sat in the basement for a while because I didn't know what to do with all of those pictures. I mulled over several possibilities, all of which seemed overwhelming. I couldn't imagine scanning all of those photos or organizing them into albums. So I just started scrapping them. Once I got over the fear of cropping them and adhering them to a page, I had such fun making these layouts. This page is one that I made based on a sketch at Simple Scrapper. Almost all of the supplies I used are from My Mind's Eye.


I normally wouldn't scrap a page about a place, unless it was somewhere we went on a vacation or field trip. But one of the categories in Twelve is "places," and our church is definitely a place that plays a huge role in our lives. This layout was inspired by Shimelle Lane's beautifully layered and embellished pages. Again, I used mostly paper and embellishments from My Mind's Eye.

1 comment:

Sue Althouse said...

Wonderful pages! I also just scrap older photos and don't worry about scanning any but a very few. Too much pressure, and at least they are not sitting in boxes hidden away anymore!